Powering the Digital Utility
RMSI (www.rmsi.com) is a leading provider of end to end integrated solutions for each stage of the utilities and communications value chain. RMSI helps utility companies achieve their twin objectives of improving efficiency & reliability, and reducing costs.
Our key competencies include conflation, migration, and asset data management solutions such as As built & work order posting, backlog conversion, records management, and asset & landbase maintenance. In addition, RMSI has introduced its proprietary UNDT (Utility Network Data Transition) framework for migrating to the new utility network model
Our key value propositions include our ability to effectively synthesize domain and technology, automate processes, develop customized tools, and implement workflow systems while maintaining the highest levels of quality.
We invite you to visit our booth # 427 to demonstrate how we’ve helped our clients improve their assets and network efficiency, reliability, safety, and reduce their GIS maintenance and update costs by over 25%
ConflateX™ is a scalable data conflation solution that addresses the key business challenges of improving spatial accuracy and data integrity of network assets by aligning them to a more precise and accurate real world system.
The solution helps utilities in handling their increasing need to deploy integrated and more spatially accurate network data. This helps them in managing reliable asset networks efficiently while meeting stringent safety and regulatory requirements.
ConflateX™ has industry specific workflows that can be further customized, utilizing both automated and interactive conflation techniques to achieve operational objectives.
- Integrated workflows to handle large volumes of datasets
- Supports all industry data formats, multiple inputs & reference sources
- Conflates network to target landbase, and/or aerial imagery
- Business rules driven, highly customizable solution
- Programmatically-driven links to ensure higher precision & relative accuracy
- Dynamic cell based transformation, to avoid conventional rubber-sheeting
- Comprehensive audit trails and in-built quality reporting tools
- Minimal freeze time – Phased seamless deliverables, ensuring minimum downtime impact to business
- Assured zero data losses- Rule based approach, resulting in zero data, geometry, and attribute losses
- Efficient handling of heterogeneous data shifts- Analyses and reports distorted patterns, thereby facilitating best transformation algorithm for optimal results
- Elimination of human errors – Highly automated process driven solution, ensuring cost optimization, and minimal manual intervention
RMSI’s Utility Network Digital Transformation (UNDT) Framework
To help utilities in the transition process to the new network utility model, RMSI has developed a proprietary Utility Network Digital Transformation (UNDT) Framework that significantly eases the entire process and ensures a successful transition on time and as per budget, right from defining the road map to the actual migration.
The UNDT framework leverages RMSI’s strong domain knowledge, over two decades of partnership with Esri, involvement in the New Model Beta program, and market feedback regarding the key challenges in moving to the new model. It has streamlined processes and tools for each phase of the transition process. Key highlights include
- Structured work flow process with in-built validations at all stages
- Customizable and configurable ETL Scripts and automations
- Data migration quality reports to assess the quality of the migrated data output
- Migration time window, incremental data migration
- Zero data loss and 100% database integrity
Asset Data Management
Utilities are struggling to realize the benefits of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM). One of the key reason is not getting reliable, up-to-date and actionable asset information from EAM. These platforms are not able to solve the information challenge by themselves as they need high quality data. There is also a larger focus on the IT component of EAM and absence of a well defined Enterprise Asset Data Life-Cycle Management program to ensure data quality.
RMSI provides end to end asset data management solutions comprising data readiness studies, data collection, consolidation, migration, maintenance, and optimization. Our typical engagement includes a two-week data readiness and gap analysis study wherein we interact with all departments and teams that have an interface with or use asset data. Based on the findings of the study, we develop a roadmap for asset data management life-cycle. This is followed by transition and go-live of our engagement.
We focus on building a dedicated asset data life-cycle management program that includes data profiling, collation, quality assessment, cleansing, testing, validation, and maintenance to ensure the asset data quality. This is a multi step program with three key stages:
Assessment & Planning
- Data readiness & gap assessment
- Roadmap for data life-cycle
- Data conversion
- Data cleansing & enhancement
- Data consolidation
- Work order posting
- As-built updates
- Service record updates
Key services include:
- Records conversion and integration
- Establishing primary/ secondary connectivity
- Reactive change-out & field order forms update
- Asset condition assessment
- Work order processing and posting into GIS