Transforming the Digital Utility
RMSI (www.rmsi.com) is a leading provider of end to end integrated solutions for each stage of the utilities and communications value chain. RMSI helps utility companies achieve their twin objectives of improving efficiency & reliability, and reducing costs.
Our key offerings include asset data lifecycle management, network management and upgrade, data conversion/migration, CAD to GIS integration, and data readiness studies. These are backed by our proprietary automated solution frameworks for conflation, migration, and data audit & validation that help our client’s to jump start their implementation and enhancement rollouts.
RMSI has introduced its proprietary UNDT (Utility Network Digital Transformation) framework for migrating to the new utility network model.
We invite you to visit our booth # 310 to demonstrate how we’ve helped our clients improve their assets and network efficiency, reliability, safety, reduce their GIS maintenance and update costs by over 25% and help them become data ready for a smooth transition to the new Esri utility network model.
TALK TO US. TAKE A DEMO.
Give us the opportunity to understand your needs and offer you innovative solutions.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
UN Consulting & Implementation
The UNDT framework leverages RMSI’s strong domain knowledge, over two decades of partnership with Esri, involvement in the New Model Beta program, and market feedback regarding the key challenges in moving to the new model. It has streamlined processes and tools for each phase of the transition process. Key highlights include
- Automated Data Readiness Assessment Reports
- Structured, Scalable work flow process with in-built validations
- Data Clean-up plan and remediation
- Business rules driven auto migration to utility network
- Customized Schema, Versioning and Delta Updates
- Bi-directional Synchronization with Geometric Network
For more information on UNDT, click here
Network Model Management
OMS I DMS I SCADA
Network Model Management extends traditional asset lifecycle data management associated with design, as-built records posting, inspection and maintenance records into the field and control center operations.
With two decades of experience in supporting large scale global GIS projects, RMSI has a detailed understanding of varied network models to ensure efficient data management services across IT and OT systems.
Services for OT/ IT-OT Integration Systems
- Implementation of network models for OMS, DMS, SCADA and Distribution Planning as part of capital projects, leveraging the industry standard CDPSM CIM profile for electric utilities
- Maintenance of network models for OT systems, with a single, consistent view of data moving all the way – from design into GIS and into OT systems rather than multiple data sources
- Optimization of Network Model Build processes to use additional data sources, resolve build challenges that currently must be addressed manually or through post-processing to meet evolving business requirements
- Obtain and make updates and make corrections to source data : From field operations / From control center to correct errors in data due to inaccuracies / Changes made as part of emergency restoration
- Evaluate information flows moving between design, work, GIS and OT systems and identify opportunities to address bottlenecks that affect data consistency, currency, completeness or correctness and impact safety, customer satisfaction and reliability
Leak Prediction & Financial Impact
RMSI’s Leak Prediction solution is a GIS based cross platform application built upon an AI /ML based autonomous process in line with the existing DIMP. The solution’s machine learning process enables programmatic remediation of risks, repair and threats, and validation of gas distribution system integrity. It also provides additional information such as historic leaks, related attributes, known leak factors (e.g. physical, geographic and associated) and existing assets.
This is a solution for gas distribution operators to predict potential leak locations and the resulting financial exposure. Using it, a utility can assess the likelihood of failure (LOF) , the financial cost associated with a failure (COF) and the cost and risk exposure (CRE) for the corporation. The process builds upon the work complete in a DIMP process, supplements it with additional information, and provides new, actionable results.
Services for OT/ IT-OT Integration Systems
- Predicts a leak in the pipe network by analyzing operator’s historic and geographical leak information
- AI/ML based autonomous process to identify locations and calculate likelihood of failure
- Assesses cost, risk exposure and financial consequences of failure
- Enables operators with spatial analytics to mitigate the risks through timely maintenance and replacement
Asset Data Lifecycle Management
Utilities are struggling to realize the benefits of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM). One of the key reason is not getting reliable, up-to-date and actionable asset information from EAM. These platforms are not able to solve the information challenge by themselves as they need high quality data. There is also a larger focus on the IT component of EAM and absence of a well defined Enterprise Asset Data Life-Cycle Management program to ensure data quality.
RMSI provides end to end asset data management solutions comprising data readiness studies, data collection, consolidation, migration, maintenance, and optimization. Our typical engagement includes a two-week data readiness and gap analysis study wherein we interact with all departments and teams that have an interface with or use asset data. Based on the findings of the study, we develop a roadmap for asset data management life-cycle. This is followed by transition and go-live of our engagement.
We focus on building a dedicated asset data life-cycle management program that includes data profiling, collation, quality assessment, cleansing, testing, validation, and maintenance to ensure the asset data quality. This is a multi step program with three key stages:
Assessment & Planning
- Data readiness & gap assessment
- Roadmap for data life-cycle
- Data conversion
- Data cleansing & enhancement
- Data consolidation
- Work order posting
- As-built updates
- Service record updates
Key services include:
- Records conversion and integration
- Establishing primary/ secondary connectivity
- Reactive change-out & field order forms update
- Asset condition assessment
- Work order processing and posting into GIS