Quality programs to enhance value for all our stakeholders
RMSI’s quality programs are focused at enhancing the value created for all stakeholders: clients, partners, shareholders, employees, and vendors. Our endeavor is to make continuous improvements with demonstrable benefits in our services, products and business practices. RMSI is committed to foster an environment of trust, integrity, challenge and reward and maintaining this culture throughout the organization.
The guiding principles of the quality policy are:
- Knowledge Management
The processes by which RMSI transacts business comply with internationally recognized quality standards, and are also flexible in meeting the varying and changing demands of its stakeholders. RMSI’s business philosophy and values are to build, maintain and institutionalize a culture of fairness, transparency, mutual respect, togetherness, trust and ethical behavior.
By establishing & bringing into practice these policies, RMSI seeks to make quality a way of life and to be known as a company that always exceeds expectations by delivering more than promised.
RMSI views quality as an integral part of each aspect of its day-to-day functioning and believes that quality can be best achieved by preventing errors throughout the project lifecycle. This is achieved by building an effective Quality Management System (QMS) that can generate quality outputs. RMSI ensures that an independent Quality Assurance (QA) division certifies all deliverables shipped to the client as final deliverables.
The QA division is responsible for the following activities:
- Involvement starting from the initial stages of the project
- Create, establish and maintain Process workflow, define, monitor and track QC steps in production process, quality assurance and certification of all deliverables
- The only shipping point for all products and deliverables
- Leverage efficient technology applied to all business processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage
RMSI’s Quality Management System is a vibrant, integrated, process-driven, people-oriented and customer-focused. It is an integrated approach towards implementing quality practices of world-class benchmarking models, including ISO 9001, highest level of maturity – CMMI® Level 5 for Development, ISO 27001 (BS 7779) & ISO 14001 (EHS).
At RMSI we believe in continuous and consistent improvements to achieve operational and organizational excellence. Some major highlights of this system are:
- Clearly defined and institutionalized processes/procedures for project(s)’ lifecycle
- Detailed documentation including project specifications, scope, training manuals, work logs, roles and responsibility.
- Controlled change management
- Robust Configuration management to ensure integrity in projects’ workproducts
- Frequent QC loops in the production process to trap errors
- Training and retaining of staff on the project as well as process
- An open quality oriented feedback system on similar lines as Quality Circles
- An independent Quality assurance and Certification group responsible for defining projects quality objectives with clearly defined QA test plans and strategies
- Use of automation in the production process as well as for QA/QC, to minimize human errors, increase efficiency and standardization of processes and practices
- Statistical measurement of quality parameters as well as acceptance criteria
- Technical Support interface to ensure client satisfaction
- Process replication and reporting
Every QA test plan has an important section on Acceptance Criteria and Tolerances. These are defined based on:
- Client requirements (client quality standards)
- Project requirements (usage of the deliverables by the client)
- RMSI experience in similar projects
- International standard/best practices
Acceptance criteria define the threshold levels acceptable for a product, services, output & deliverables. These could be descriptive or expressed as a percentage. RMSI strongly recommends approval of these acceptance criteria by client before start of the project or during project initiation