Your Utility Network Partner
RMSI is proud to be a Silver Sponsor at this year’s Esri Infrastructure Management and GIS Conference (IMGIS) 2020 that runs virtually from October 27th through 30th.
RMSI has been designated as an Esri Utility Network Management Specialty and is helping utilities to gear up for transition to the Esri utility network model through its UNDT (Utility Network Digital Transformation) framework.
At the conference, RMSI will showcase its data and utility network capabilities. We are prepared to show our powerful (suggested replacement for powerful with Highly effective, industry tested ConflateX product, and discuss how our experienced content team can help you lower the cost and lifecycle time of as-built and design data, automatically extract the information needed to create mid-to-high fidelity data stores, and help you analyze your existing information to extract effort and cost efficiencies.
We invite you to visit our virtual booth and meet our subject matter experts to talk about the reasons for moving to the new utility network, as well as benefits every organization can achieve from this transition with a creative plan for using your existing budgets to move forward.
TALK TO US. WATCH A DEMO.
Give us the opportunity to understand your needs and offer you customized solutions.
Write to email@example.com
RMSI has an innovative approach to the Utility Network. Some organizations have clear benefits, strong organizational alignment and are ready to develop a business case and move forward. For these utilities, we have a waterfall process to move you effectively and efficiently. Other organizations see a number of benefits, but each will require different levels of effort to realize? have recently completed expensive integrations, have existing rate cases or long-range plans that don’t include the utility network or have a challenging environment. For such utilities, it means that they will need to deploy the Utility Network in stages. We have an innovative approach for you! One that leverages your existing plan, delivers quick wins and lets you plan for more complicated and expensive components.
To support our approach, we have leveraged our domain knowledge and Esri understanding to develop a series of solutions that come together in what we call the Utility Network Digital Transformation (UNDT). Key highlights include:
- A quick, powerful, automated solution for assessing and documenting the readiness of your data
- Experienced set of professionals with industry leading solutions to help you mitigate your data
- A migration process that is highly automated
- The Twin: a bi-directional, version aware synchronization engine that can work with a Geometric Network & Utility Network for years
Asset Data Lifecycle Management
Utilities are struggling to realize the benefits of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solutions. One of the key reasons is not getting reliable, up-to-date and actionable asset information from EAM. These platforms are not able to solve the information challenge by themselves as they need high quality data. There is also a larger focus on the IT component of EAM and absence of a well-defined Enterprise Asset Data Life-Cycle Management program to ensure data quality.
RMSI provides end-to-end asset data management solutions comprising data readiness studies, data collection, consolidation, migration, maintenance, and optimization. Our typical engagement includes a two-week data readiness and gap analysis study wherein we interact with all departments and teams that have an interface with or use asset data. Based on the findings of the study, we develop a roadmap for asset data management life-cycle. This is followed by transition and go-live of our engagement.
We focus on building a dedicated asset data life-cycle management program that includes data profiling, collation, quality assessment, cleansing, testing, validation, and maintenance to ensure the asset data quality. This is a multi-step program with three key stages:
Assessment & Planning
- Data readiness & gap assessment
- Roadmap for data life-cycle
- Data conversion
- Data cleansing & enhancement
- Data consolidation
- Work order posting
- As-built updates
- Service record updates
Key services include:
- Records conversion and integration
- Establishing primary/ secondary connectivity
- Reactive change-out & field order forms update
- Asset condition assessment
- Work order processing and posting into GIS
Next Generation Auto Conflation
ConflateX™ is a scalable data conflation solution that addresses the key business challenges of improving spatial accuracy and data integrity of network assets by aligning them to a more precise and accurate real-world system.
This solution helps utilities to handle their increasing need to deploy integrated and more spatially accurate network data. This helps them to manage reliable asset networks efficiently while meeting stringent safety and regulatory requirements.
ConflateX™ has industry specific workflows that can be further customized, utilizing both automated and interactive conflation techniques to achieve operational objectives.
- Integrated workflows to handle large volumes of datasets
- Supports all industry data formats, multiple inputs & reference sources
- Conflates network to target landbase, and/or aerial imagery
- Business rules driven, highly customizable solution
- Programmatically-driven links to ensure higher precision & relative accuracy
- Dynamic cell based transformation, to avoid conventional rubber-sheeting
- Comprehensive audit trails and in-built quality reporting tools
- Minimal freeze time – Phased seamless deliverables, ensuring minimum downtime impact to business
- Assured zero data losses- Rule based approach, resulting in zero data, geometry, and attribute losses
- Efficient handling of heterogeneous data shifts- Analyses and reports distorted patterns, thereby facilitating best transformation algorithm for optimal results
- Elimination of human errors – Highly automated process driven solution, ensuring cost optimization, and minimal manual intervention
GIS Application Development
RMSI’s Application Development Services for Energy and Utilities help to consolidate GIS / Asset Management services of clients to improve the overall efficiency of their business operations.
Application Development Programs that RMSI undertakes for various utility clients includes:
ArcGIS Server Based Web GIS Solutions
Solutions include design and development of Web based GIS for viewing, searching and analysing as well as various business-driven and customized modules for utilities with functionality such as:
- Network mapping
- Network editing and tracing
- Asset management
- Validation of spatial data in ArcGIS / ArcFM
Mobile Data Collection Applications
Solutions also include application design and development based on ArcGIS SDK for Mobile to enhance the capability of users to perform effective and efficient data collection from the field as well as data storage, data management, data validation, analysis and reporting.
Many utilities are on legacy versions of Esri and ArcFM. The RMSI team is experienced in helping clients to upgrade from legacy ArcGIS 9.x / 10.x to the latest ArcGIS 10.7.x / 10.8.x / ArcGIS Pro. RMSI ensures continuity of workflows to support internal and third party applications both during and after the upgrade.
GIS System Integration
An enterprise GIS implementation often includes integrations as a critical success factor. RMSI’s staff is experienced with and has also implemented Enterprise ArcGIS and integrated GIS applications with third party hardware and software, including firmware, ENMS, CRM, Enterprise Asset Management (Maximo and SAP) and SCADA.